ShareThis

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation Update #1

I am making good on my promise to keep you informed of our progress during this short but very much needed family vacation.

Day 1 - Today

EDT: 8:00 a.m

Actual Departure Time: 12:00 pm. After the house was picked up, the fish tank cleaned out, the trash cans emptied, the car packed, the ice purchased, the El Pollo Loco Drive Thru Lunch ordered and the Blockbuster videos returned.

Number of times Superman asked how much longer: Ten times too many.

Ounces of unsweetened iced tea consumed by Mommy: 32

Number of potty stops: Two (this is a miracle for our family) Usually our trip is just one big Toilet Tour of America

Number of times I yelled "Slow Down You @#$$%!!" to Best Husband Ever (*sheepishly*): 12345566 (I'm rounding down).

Number of times Superman said something cute: Once.

"Mommy, I'm sitless"

"You mean restless?"

"yes. restless."

So ninety miles outside of our destination (Huntington Lake) we are stopped at a hotel with a nice pool and a comfy suite and the kids are enjoying room service. My kind of camping folks.

We stopped here to give my mouth another day to heal before we enter the remote Sierras where no one can hear your screams.

Okay.

So.
I hope I haven't left anything out.
Try to contain your excitment.

And I'm so glad you've decided to join us.

Aren't you?

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Oh boy....now I'm REALLY looking forward to our vacation, which starts next week! (NOT!)

Good luck with everything! :)