ShareThis

Friday, October 1, 2010

What the Frack? Fridays.

For my first installment of "What. The. Frack? Fridays:

I took Andrew to get some bloodwork done at a local Orange County hospital-affiliated lab.  Since his Cystyc Fibrosis diagnosis, we've been frequenting the joint somewhat often, and people are beginning to recognize us now.  Andrew is fast becoming a new favorite and the nurses and lab technicians swoon when they see him.

Which is why I'll never understand why I felt the need to have the following conversation with the nurse that came out into the LARGE and CROWDED waiting room this afternoon:

"Andrew Ashline"

"Yep, right here!"

"Awww.  What a handsome little guy.  How does he usually do with the needles?"

"He's awesome.  I'm a much bigger pussy than he is."

"..........................................(awkward and judmental smile)..................................."

Not only do I HATE that word, but I also NEVER use it.

In any case, I'm fairly certain I've solidified my White Trash Mom status.  Of course my stained drawstring pants and leftover El Pollo Loco in my hair may or may not have helped with that some.



What. The. Frack.

1 comment:

OHmommy said...

OK. I've been hearing a lot about this Pollo Loco. What is it?