ShareThis

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love at 5 MPH


You
will always
be
in the driver's seat
the steering wheel steady in your hands
 chosen without your consent
but you
honor your duties
steering with integrity
and
purpose



He
will
always
be
 your passenger
counting on your guidance
as you commandeer
his safe arrival
something you promise
just out of
the
purity of your
heart

You are
going somewhere
and
it only matters
that you go
together
the wind
blowing through
your
hair
the sun
shining
behind you
the misunderstood world
at your fingertips

your heart
outgrew your
body
the day you took his hand in yours
and helped him buckle
his seatbelt

You head towards
a place
where love
transcends
speech
and
everyday expectations
the journey
possible
only because
you
wouldn't go
anywhere
without
him




A marvelous
pair
of
everyday heroes
kicking up dirt
as
they drive
towards
something
incredible

it
is not
your average
joyride


5 comments:

Asia said...

Jo jo! that was beautiful!!

Tammy said...

Must you choke me up and swell my heart before I even have my first cup of coffee this morning?
My God, that was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! that was so beautiful Jo. I love the bond these brothers have too. So precious! You are one blessed momma. :)

Aggie said...

SISTER!!! I laugh when Im with you and I cry when I read you...you are amazing!! What a beautiful entry...I love my little trcuk drivers.

Jen said...

Oh how beautifully you captured their bond!!