ShareThis

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bastard

Last night
for the umpteenth time since we’ve been married
my husband left me.

Usually it’s for another woman.
Or he just gets bored.
Or I’m too high maintenance for him

This time he proclaimed “There’s just no chemistry.”

I tried everything.

I begged.
I pleaded.
I cried.

I hiked up my skirt.
Wore painful heels.
Promised new moves in the bedroom.

Nothing.

He wouldn’t budge.

And I was left caring for our boys while he was
the big man on campus
traipsing through bars
looking for some floozy to take home.




And then I woke up.


And I. WAS. PISSED.

And.

He acted like NOTHING had happened.

He even brewed my coffee this morning.

The nerve!

He kissed me, told me he loved me, and dressed our boys for school.

And all I wanted to do was smack him for cheating on me.

I’m pretty sure he would have looked at me, dumb-founded, and yelled “What the hell was that for?”

hmph.

Men.

*I should really stop eating apple strudel before bed. Maybe then I can dream about puppies, rainbows and fuzzy little kittens instead.


**I love you honey.**

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha!!!
You scared the hell out of me.
I had a blog post like this a few months back too. I had a dream that my hubby made me work as a stripper and then brought all of his friends to watch me. It was so nasty I woke up really ticked off. I didn't want to talk to him all day.
It is funny how it can seem so real that you carry over the anger into the next day.
SO GLAD it was a dream!!!!

Indy said...

This happens to me too and I get soooo mad at my husband. I was hoping you weren't telling us something that really happened!