ShareThis

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's not what you think

If someone had told me that at 31 I would be introducing Vinyl into the married bedroom scene, I would have snorted out loud.

Me? Vinyl?

Seriously, that is like 2500 workouts away.

But, low and behold, last Friday I found myself in the vinyl aisle at our local Target.

Didn't know they carried stuff like that?

Oh yeah! And it comes in different sizes.

Let's see........Twin, Full, Queen and King.

Yep. Our Queen mattress has a vinyl cover underneath our fabulous jersey sheets.
Nope. We are not a bunch of weirdos looking to spice up the love life.
Yep. The kiddos still manage to find their way back to our bedroom in the dark, in the middle of the night, and like clockwork, proceed to pee the bed.

Over.
And over.
And over again.

So I gave in, and purchased vinyl for our bedroom. It stinks and it makes noise, but it is protecting our beloved bed from the unstoppable bladders that are our children.

When I was twenty-something and getting ready to marry my best friend, I had visions of satin sheets, chocolate covered strawberrries, and candlelight.

Now I have vinyl sheets, chocolate milk, and two tiny pairs of feet digging into both of my tired hips.


Who needs birth control?

No comments: